As a Back-End Web Developer, you will be responsible for designing, coding and hosting our existing websites as well as new ones. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design and clear navigation. You will work with our in-house SEO/Marketing team to further optimise our websites with a goal to drive customer traffic through Google to our sites and ultimately request quotes through our platform.
The job role may also include maintaining other in-house services relating to Overnight Data Extraction and subsequent Ingestion into MSSQL Databases, and integrations with other External Services necessary to Back Office Operations and other Service Partners.
Skills & Requirements:
- 4+ years in Software Engineering, with a focus on Java web technologies.
- Experience with hosting platforms, Setup & Installation of Websites. (Such as Amazon AWS)
Beneficial Supporting Skills:
- Strong understanding and experience with WordPress website administration, installation and plugins.
- Functional knowledge or hands on experience with MySQL/MSSQL queries, creation and manipulation of Databases.
- Functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services. (REST, SOAP, XML)
- Version Control practices.
- Web User Interface Design (UI) & Cross-browser compatibility.
- Bootstrap or Responsive Web Development.
- Understanding of Virtual Machines (ESXi) and Docker Containers.
- Proficiency with Scripting Languages, including Windows Batch, PowerShell, Bash.
- Experience with running Node.JS Services.
- Experience with Apache2, IIS, and Tomcat.
- Experience with pfSense.
- Good communication skills.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work Laptop provided.
- You will be given support towards personal training and certification, in the form of structured courses and certification relating to your job role as part of a Personal Development Plan.
- Staff parking available for Drivers.
The position is based in Trident Court, Oakcroft Road, Chessington.
You will be joining our existing IT Team; and assist in maintaining technology in house and deliver a self-served IT strategy within the business.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter.