Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 p/a subject to experience and qualifications.
We are seeking a full time Data Analyst to join our very busy IT team based in Tolworth, Surrey. (Currently working from home during COVID-19)
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a multi-award-winning company and with a team with 50+ years of experience in the insurance industry.
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders to understand their issues and questions and address them via relevant data-based solutions
- Extract, transform and model data to create a self-service data analytics platform
- Provide ad-hoc reports to answer business questions
- Design, implement and maintain intuitive dashboards and insights for enabling data-driven decisions
- Define and create appropriate KPIs for tracking business metrics
- Engage with end-users and provide support where required
- Collaborate with the team to create a backlog of work to achieve the roadmap milestones.
- Solid experience building, deploying, maintaining, and supporting reports via SSRS/SSIS or BI tools (ELK, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Ability to define and create appropriate KPIs and insightful stories to track the right metrics in business dashboards
- Advanced SQL skills to extract and model data from a variety of data sources
- Experience implementing Data Warehouse models, ETL processes
- Experience with SDLC within a Data Warehouse context, including experience using Git and familiarity with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Proactive and motivated team player
- Creative problem solver
- Strong attention to details
- Good understanding of Data Security practices
- Familiarity with basic statistical concepts
Skills & Requirements:
- 3+ year experience as a Data Analyst in a data-driven environment
- Experience within the Financial Services Industry, with a focus on the Insurance Industry.
- Professional demeanour and strong communication skills, both written and oral, facilitating effective communication to all levels of management.
- Pro-active, self-motivated and good use of own initiative
- Excellent sense of organisation, initiative and prioritisation of objectives, with the ability to balance multiple projects and other responsibilities
- Competitive Salary.
- Staff parking.
- Work Place Pension Scheme.
- Staff Events.
- Gym on site for staff use.
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 6.00pm
The position is based in our Tolworth office situated on Hook Rise South, just beside the A3. Currently working from home during COVID-19.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter.